Built on the same frame as the SD40, SD38 and several other EMD staples, EMD produced 1,260 SD45s between Decembers 1965 and 1971.
These freight haulers sported EMDs 645E3 20-cylinder engine which had 3,600HP output.
SD45s served on the Burlington Northern, Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, Pennsylvania, Great Northern, UP and NP.
Today, locomotives are currently preserved at the GN Railway Historical Society, the St Louis Museum of Transportation, the Virginia Museum of Transportation, the Utah State Railroad Museum, the Illinois Railway Museum and the Lake Superior Railroad Museum.
Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM
with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater